You love your effortless, on-time ride with MetroRail, but we know you have another sweet ride of the two-wheel variety. Now we want to show your bike some love, too, with our new MetroBike Shelter at Kramer Station opening August 6, 2012.
MetroBike Cards will be available for purchase online only beginning today. Sale of MetroBike Cards will initially be limited to the first 50 customers. Register and purchase at: www.capmetro.org/metrobike/
At Kramer Station, cyclists getting on/off the train will be able to pick-up/leave their bike at the destination stop in a secure sheltered area to ride to/from the train. The new service will provide a safe, convenient choice for some cyclists that will reduce crowding on the trains.
Security is enhanced by a fully-enclosed, double wire mesh shelter, allowing for full visibility of its contents, with member-only entry requiring a MetroBike card. This is combined with the use of your personal lock that secures your bike onto a standard inverted-U rack located inside the shelter. Learn more and purchase.
MetroBike Shelter is at your service when:
- You don’t feel like standing with your bike on the train.
- You need more space (one person with a bike takes the space of four people standing).
- You know it’s going to be too packed to board with your bike.
- You don’t want to leave your bike out in the rain.
- You just don’t feel like lugging your two-wheeled baby all the way home.
MetroBike Shelter features include:
- Secured, limited card key access using a MetroBike Card.
- Fully enclosed bike parking for up to 24 bikes.
- 24-hour access, lighting, camera surveillance.
- Sitting area for changing shoes, etc.
- Repair rack for minor bike repairs.
- Double wire, fully enclosed cage with a metal roof.
The MetroBike card is a coded plastic card, available ONLINE ONLY with registration at a discounted, limited-time-only introductory pricing of $30/year.
This is a new service. More MetroBike shelters are planned for 2013-14, and the MetroBike card will provide entry to all shelters as they open.