We’re serious about safety – and that includes making sure customers are safe on board our services and at CapMetro facilities. CapMetro is changing how we respond to calls and how to promote customer and staff safety. Our multi-pronged approach features:
- Public safety ambassadors who serve as the primary contacts for customers and employees and respond to safety matters that do not require a police officer
- On-staff social workers to respond to quality-of-life issues on the system and provide mental health first aid training to CapMetro employees
- More security cameras and safety infrastructure on vehicles and at facilities for faster identification and handling of issues
- Transit-focused police officers for specific instances when law enforcement is truly needed
And you can help. If you see something, say something. We have four ways for you to report disruptive, unsafe or suspicious behavior you may see on board our vehicles or at our facilities.
- Use the CapMetro App and choose “More” to select “Report Public Safety Issue” to make a report. The app also allows you to call 911 directly in case of an emergency.
- Download the See Say Now app (iOS and Android) and choose CapMetro under “Transit.”
- Use this webform.
- Use the Text-a-Tip feature to send your report to 512-488-4200.
We can all work together to make transit safer for everyone. Safety is our top priority not just for June Safety Month, but every month and every day.