Just like getting you where you need to go, we are navigating COVID-19 with care. CapMetro has adapted to the pandemic with enhanced safety and cleaning measures to help you ride without adding extra stress to your trip. Find out more how we’re riding with care.
How CapMetro is addressing COVID-19 safety concerns:
- Electrostatic cleaning. This advanced cleaning process sprays electrostatically charged mist throughout the vehicle to ensure surfaces are sanitized.
- Physical distancing protocols. In addition to adding plexiglass around the operator and signage prompting riders to “skip a seat,” schedules have also been adjusted to increase service and to help reduce the number of riders per trip.
- Cashless payment. The CapMetro App allows you to pay for passes with the in-app digital wallet or using Apple Pay or Google Pay without having to exchange physical money.
- Masks for staff and riders. While we encourage you to always remember your mask when leaving the house, CapMetro has them available in case you forget. Face coverings are required for all riders and staff on CapMetro buses and trains.
- Vinyl seat upgrades. In addition to our new cleaning technology, we are upgrading our seats from fabric covers to vinyl, making them easier to clean.
- Crowded vehicle alerts. Coming soon, our Trip Planner feature on mobile and web will provide alerts for “Crowded Vehicles” (over 50% capacity) to help you plan a safe trip.
How you can ride safely during COVID-19:
- Wear a mask when riding and waiting to ride*
- Follow physical distancing measures by skipping a seat
- Avoid riding at peak times catch an earlier or later trip when possible
- Download the CapMetro App to use cashless payment for your passes
- Stay at home if you’re feeling sick or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19
*If you have a disability that affects your ability to wear a face covering, please contact Martin Kareithi, our program manager of accessible services, to request a reasonable modification. Call 512-389-7583 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to find more information about our COVID-19 response, along with up-to-date schedule changes. We look forward to seeing you on your next ride!