- Any time is train time! Keep in mind that trains move quickly and are a lot closer than you think. Remember to stop, look both ways and listen for a train before crossing.
- Don’t try to race the train. The train moves extremely fast and it takes more than a mile for a train to come to a full stop.
- Flashing red lights indicate a nearby train from either direction. Don’t cross the tracks until the lights have stopped flashing indicating it is safe.
- Don’t drive past the lowered bar: It’s illegal and can cause serious accidents.
- Never stop on the tracks. Make sure you can cross the tracks safely before driving over them.
It’s important to keep everyone’s safety in mind when you’re behind the wheel – yours, your fellow travelers, and anyone around you.