The Saturday before Halloween is always pretty great. It gives you an extra shot to show off that amazing costume. You get to head downtown for drinks and/or fun. And you don’t have to wake up early the next day and head into work with a candy hangover.
This year, it’s gonna be even better because Austin is in full-on festival mode. There’s so much happening that weekend, and Cap Metro is here to make it easy to get around.
So, if you’re headed to Soul Food Truck Fest or the Austin Film Festival or the Texas Book Festival or the Viva la Vida Parade or downtown for Halloween festivities … or whatever else might be going on the last weekend in October … Cap Metro can get you there and back for free!
Like we’ve done a few times before, we’re partnering with the Austin Public Library to provide Park & Ride services at a few different branches. Park at the library, pick up your free Day Pass & pre-vetted trip plan and then hop on the bus! It’s super easy.
Park & Ride Locations
Capital Metro and the Austin Public Library invite you to make it a SUPER SATURDAY! Park for free at 6 different branch library locations and ride for free with a Transit Day Pass — so you can spend more time at the festivals and less time circling downtown for parking.
Ride free by parking at one of these neighborhood libraries and checking in with a librarian to pick up your Day Pass:
- Recycled Reads | 5335 Burnet Road | Routes 3, 803
- Pleasant Hill | 211 East William Cannon Drive | Routes 1, 801
- Little Walnut Creek | 835 West Rundberg Lane | Routes 1, 801
- Ruiz | 1600 Grove Boulevard | Route 20
- Carver | 1161 Angelina Street | Route 2
- Cepeda | 651 N. Pleasant Valley | Route 4
- Southeast | 5803 Nuckols Crossing Rd | Route 7