Summer’s still in full effect, but school’s coming up quick. AISD is holding its Back to School Bash tomorrow at the Palmer Events Center. It’s a fantastic event that helps families get ready for the new year, and Cap Metro wants to help you get there.
That’s why we’re thrilled to work with the district to help families get down to the shores of Lady Bird Lake and the event.
The festival takes place from noon to 3 p.m., and we’ve got a lot of routes that serve Palmer. Even better, it’s easy to connect to those routes from your neighborhood school. So, if you want to avoid the traffic, the parking fees and the headaches, hop on a bus.
Over the past couple of weeks, we’ve distributed free Day Passes at 10 Austin schools that will also provide free Park & Ride services for the bash. If you got a pass, ride free to the event. If you didn’t, take Cap Metro down to Palmer and avoid the hassle of parking and traffic.
- Bedicheck | 6800 Bill Hughes Rd, 78745 | Routes 10 & 333
- Mendez | 5106 Village Square, 78744 | Routes 7 & 331
- Reagan | 7104 Berkman Drive; 78752 | Routes 10, 300, 337
- Ann Richards | 2206 Prather Lane; 78704 | Routes 3, 103, 300, 803
- Harris | 1711 Wheless Ln; 78723 | Routes 10, 337
- LASA/LBJ 7309 Lazy Creek Drive; 78724 | Routes 20, 233, 337, 339
- Lamar | 6201 Wynona Ave; 78757 | Routes 3, 337, 803
- Lee | 3308 Hampton Rd; 78705 | Route 10
- McCallum | 5600 Sunshine Dr., 78756 | Routes 1, 337, 801
- St. Elmo 600 W St Elmo Rd; 78745 | Route 10
To plan your trip to the Back to School Bash (or anywhere else), visit capmetro.org/planner.