We all know getting around Austin can be difficult. Traffic in the city is inevitable and parking can cost you an arm and a leg, especially on the weekends. Capital Metro is offering a solution for those who want to save money on driving and parking and enjoy time at their favorite Austin hangout.
Capital Metro has created five “urban adventures”people can take using MetroRapid to some of Austin’s hottest locales:
- SoCo on Congress beyond the river is home to such must-visit restaurants as Home Slice Pizza and Hopdoddy Burger Bar, and also eclectic shops like Uncommon Objects and
Lucy in Disguise with Diamonds, food trucks, and music and art venues. Served by MetroRapid 801.
- Auditorium Shores features the Long Center of Performing Arts, Butler Park, Threadgills, and the volleyball courts at Aussie’s Grill and Beach Bar. Served by MetroRapid 801.
- Lo-Burn features delicious eats such as Pinthouse Pizza and Lucy’s Fried Chicken, antique and collectible shops, and cool hangouts like the Little Longhorn Saloon and Phil’s Ice House. Served by MetroRapid 803.
- Warehouse District, located in downtown Austin, is bustling with new businesses and eats like Gordoughs and the Ginger Man, the Violet Crown Movie Theater and the Second Street Shopping District. Served by MetroRapid 801 and 803.
- The Domain, anchored by Dillard’s, Macy’s and Neiman Marcus, also houses the Apple Store, Whole Foods Market, Anthropologie and H&M, as well as fun hangouts like Punch Bowl Social, iPic Theaters and Top Golf. Served by MetroRapid 803.
This new initiative helps fight congestion on city streets and create awareness and appeal for taking transit.
MetroRapid travels to popular destinations along the North Lamar-South Congress and Burnet-South Lamar corridors on weekdays from 5 a.m. until 12:30 a.m., Saturdays from 6 a.m. until 12:30 a.m., and Sundays from 7 a.m. until 10:30 p.m. Riders can catch MetroRapid every 15 minutes on weekdays until 7 p.m., every 20 minutes on weekdays after 7 p.m., and every 20 to 30 minutes on weekends. A Premium Day Pass for unlimited number of rides on MetroRapid, local MetroBus and Flyer Routes 100-199 costs $3.50.
Have an urban adventure you would like to share? We encourage our riders to share pictures of their urban adventures highlighting some of their own favorite destinations on our Twitter and Facebook pages, using #urbanadventures.