This year’s Austin City Limits Music Festival will run over two consecutive weekends again (Oct. 3-5 and Oct 10-12), and Capital Metro has lined up the best ways to get there without the hassle of driving and parking.
- To reach the shuttle site, ACL attendees have several easy options, including riding the new MetroRapid service, which picks up at dozens of stations along North Lamar/South Congress (Route 801) or Burnet/South Lamar (Route 803), and drops passengers off directly at Republic Square Station.
- Several other Capital Metro routes, including Routes 4, 21 and 22, drop passengers off within a block of the shuttle site.
- Another option for attendees is to take MetroRail into downtown Austin, and then walk a few blocks to the Republic Square shuttle site. MetroRail will operate its regular schedule Friday and Saturday until midnight. The Downtown Station is located at 4th and Trinity.
Travel directly to Zilker Park
- For riders looking to catch a ride straight to Zilker Park, MetroRapid 803 is the best option. Passengers can pick up MetroRapid at any one of 46 stations between The Domain and Westgate and take it to the Barton Springs Station, located directly on Lamar by Zilker.
- Event goers can also ride Capital Metro’s Local Routes: 3, 30, 338 and 484 to the event.
- Since parking is not provided at the Zilker Park event site, taking transit is the fastest and most convenient way to get there.
Due to the event, bus service will be detoured along Routes 3, 4, 17, 21, 30, 111, 171, 982, 983, 970 on 3rd and 4th Streets around Republic Square Park, and on Barton Springs (west of Lamar) near Zilker Park from the start of service until the end of service each day of the festival.
Late Night Service
For festival goers staying out well past the last band leaves the stage, Capital Metro offers two late night options, Night Owl and E-Bus service, which run until about 3 a.m. between downtown and neighborhoods throughout the city. (Plan accordingly on Sunday night as there is no late night service.)
Riders can catch the Night Owl at the downtown bus stop on 6th and Congress. The E-Bus downtown bus stop is now located at 6th and Colorado for Routes 410 West Campus, 411 Riverside and 412 Main Campus.
Attendees are encouraged to use the Capital Metro trip planner to get step-by-step directions for taking Capital Metro to ACL.
For more information, visit Capital Metro’s ACL Festival Service webpage at capmetro.org/ACL.