Capital Metro has partnered with the Austin Police Department, The City of Austin and BeKindtoCyclists.org this month to promote bicycle safety during National Bike Month.
We’re sharing this bike safety video with our bus operators. Take a look below and keep these tips in mind for those (rare) occasions when you drive versus taking Capital Metro.
Commuting cyclist? Check out our bike+transit safety tips:
- Always approach the bus from the curb. Never ride around to the front of a bus from the street side.
- Please don’t wait in the street with your bike as the bus approaches.
- Before stepping in front of the bus to load your bike, make eye contact with the bus operator.
- Always load and unload your bicycle directly in front of the bus, or from the curb.
- After unloading your bike, never cross in front of the bus! Wait until it has left the stop.