Today, the official groundbreaking for MetroRapid, Capital Metro debuted a unique and artistic short video to get people talking about MetroRapid. Take a look.
We debuted the video at the MetroRapid groundbreaking this morning at Chinatown Center. Chinatown is one of so many awesome destinations that will be served by the first MetroRapid route, Rapid 801 North Lamar/South Congress.
Over the next 15 months, 40 MetroRapid stations will be built between Tech Ridge Park & Ride and Southpark Meadows. Construction for the second planned MetroRapid route, Rapid 803, Burnet/South Lamar, will begin later in 2013 (another 32 stations).
MetroRapid combines the reliability and amenities of a train with the flexibility and cost efficiency of a bus. Everything about MetroRapid is designed to move people quickly and connect them to the best parts of Austin along the two planned routes.
Some of the features of MetroRapid that will make for a reliable, on-time, and comfortable ride:
- real-time arrival information at stations
- signal priority technology that allows vehicles to “talk” to traffic lights to keep the service on time
- limited stops and multiple-door boarding means faster trips
- MetroRapid vehicles will be able to bypass traffic through downtown thanks to transit priority lanes
- lots of headroom, comfortable seats, etc.
- beautiful stations, with benches and unique shelters
MetroRapid is going to connect the best of the ATX.
What did you think of the video?