Have you heard about Project Connect? It’s a new initiative aimed at implementing the high capacity transit component of the Capital Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (CAMPO) 2035 Plan. The initial Project Connect partnership includes the City of Austin, Capital Metro, the Lone Star Rail District and CAMPO.
Over the next several months, the Project Connect team will reach out to the public to build consensus and answer the following questions:
- How will high capacity transit components in the CAMPO 2035 Regional Transportation Plan work as a system?
- How will our region organize to develop and operate the system?
- How will we pay for the system over the long term?
This week, the public is invited to attend one of three open houses to learn more, ask questions and provide valuable feedback:
- Tuesday, Dec. 6 from 5-8 p.m. at Bowie High School (4103 Slaughter Lane)
- Thursday, Dec 8 from 5-8 p.m. at Anderson High School (8403 Mesa Drive)
- Friday, Dec 9 from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Austin City Hall Atrium (301 W. 2nd Street)
Want to know more? Visit connectcentraltexas.com.