Last week, we met with riders at several public meetings and the first of two public hearings about the fall 2010 service change proposal. We heard a lot of constructive, valuable feedback, and the planning team has made a few revisions to its proposal.
Revisions are being made to the original proposals regarding routes 37, 171, 243, 320, and 383–details behind the jump. There are still two opportunities to talk to staff and to the board about the proposed changes prior to the board taking a vote on April 26. Tomorrow, there’s a public meeting at the Twin Oaks Library, 2301 S. Congress, 5:30-7 p.m. (Routes served by Routes 1L/1M, 101, 331). A second public hearing takes place on Thursday at noon, at Capital Metro’s headquarters, 2910 E. 5th Street (Served by Routes 17 and 300).
– Original Proposal: Realign route through Mueller development between Airport Blvd. and 51st St.
– Revised Proposal: Realign route through Mueller development between Airport Blvd. and 51st St., but serve southbound I-35 frontage during weekday midday period (9:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.).
171 Oak Hill Flyer
– Original Proposal: Eliminate two morning and three afternoon trips to Windmill Run/Scenic Brook neighborhoods and US 290 frontage. Recommended trips to serve the neighborhood: 6:40 a.m. and 7:40 a.m.; 4:40 p.m. and 5:40 p.m. Add midday round trip between UT/Downtown and Oak Hill Park & Ride.
– Revised Proposal: Based on customer feedback, modify which trips serve Windmill Run/Scenic Brook neighborhood and US 290 frontage. Morning- 7:00 a.m. and 7:40 a.m. Afternoon- 4:20 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
243 Wells Branch
– Original Proposal: Eliminate service north of Wells Branch.
– Revised Proposal: The proposal to eliminate service will be withdrawn, and service will be reevaluated for possible changes January 2011.
– Original Proposal: Extend route north to FM 2222 & Balcones and south to Burton & Oltorf.
– Revised Proposal: Extend route north to Village Center & Far West and south to Burton & Oltorf.
– Original Proposal: Realign service from US 183 frontage to Jollyville and Pond Springs. Realign service in Lakeline Mall area.