If you’re looking for something to do with your kids this weekend, check out the new exhibit at the Austin Children’s Museum opening this Saturday.
The new exhibit, All Systems Go, will give children insight into the world of transportation. Children will be able to operate a Kid-sized MetroRail train, repair a life-sized bus with foam tires, communicate throughout the exhibit in the Control Center and learn the basic science of transportation in the Energy Lab.
- Capital Metro Bus Viewing – Climb inside a real hybrid Capital Metro bus (parked outside the Museum) and meet a driver who keeps Central Texans moving.
- Pop Fly – How high can you send your ball? Experiment with everyday objects to turn them into the ultimate launching device.
- Opposites Attract – Stick with these activities and see what fun magnets can be.
- Storytime – Every hour enjoy a story and sing-a-longs.
- Tax Free Shopping –The museum store will offer tax-free shopping in celebration of the exhibit’s opening day.
Don’t sweat about getting through traffic this weekend. Capital Metro has several routes that will get you to the museum, including the 1L/1M, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 17 20 and Congress ‘Dillo.
But if you can’t go this weekend, no worries. There’s plenty of time to see the exhibit. It will run through May 30, 2009.